Steve has been licensed to practice law in Washington, Oregon, and Florida. He has been a licensed attorney since the year 2000.
Steve is a native of Washington State and a proud graduate of Kentwood High School. He left the state after high school for college, law school, and then the active duty Navy. Steve obtained his bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University. He obtained his law degree from the Florida State University College of Law. Steve was commissioned as an officer in the Navy JAG Corps while still a law student. As a JAG he worked as a prosecutor and defense attorney in criminal cases, and as the primary attorney for an overseas air base. He has participated in court martial proceedings, administrative separation proceedings, and command investigations. Steve served in many locations including, Italy, Japan, Hawaii, Alaska, Greece, and Memphis, Tennessee. Steve continues to serve as a JAG officer in the Navy Reserves.
Since leaving active duty Steve has been involved exclusively in personal injury cases. He began his civilian practice of law in Kitsap County but has also litigated cases in Pierce, King, Thurston, Jefferson, Mason, Snohomish, and Grays Harbor Counties. He has a track record of success at trial as both a plaintiff’s attorney and as a defense attorney, and has also successfully represented clients without litigation. He has represented clients whose injuries ranged from soft tissue damage with the primary treatment being chiropractic, massage, and/or physical therapy, to complex orthopedic injuries involving fractures to legs, shoulders, ribs, hands, wrists, and arms, to wrongful death cases.
Steve is a member of the Washington State Bar Association’s Character and Fitness Board and an Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice. His hobbies include travel, cooking, and watching documentaries and standup comedy. His professional goal is to fight to improve upon the difficult circumstances his clients face.
- Florida State University College of Law Law, JD - Juris Doctor (2000)
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick/Piscataway, Political Science, BA - Bachelor of Arts (1997)
- Navy Commendation Medal, United States Navy (2010, 2012)
- Pro Bono Service Commendation, Washington State Bar Association (2009, 2010)
- Navy Achievement Medal, United States Navy (2002)
- Washington State Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member (2015 - Present)
- Washington State Bar Association, Character and Fitness Board, Member (2015 - Present)
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, Member (2011 - Present)
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member (2006 - Present)
- Washington State Bar Association, Member (2005 - Present)
- Chair of Kitsap County Torts Roundtable 2017-Present